Happy new years! For this first post of the new year, I thought I’d take a look at last year’s resolutions and see how I fared.
- Play MORE video games. Try and beat them too since I have a nasty habit of just dropping them midway through.
- Learn Python and Java.
- Try and complete more of my programming side projects instead of leaving them half-done (this seems to be a recurring theme in my life).
- Learn to drive stick.
- Try and do some more grad school classes. I had put them off to pay off some debt first, but I should really try and get this done.
- Pay off debt.
- Read more books.
- Be less political.
I have managed to actually beat more of the video games I started playing this year rather than leaving them unfinished. Some exceptions include Castlevania and Oblivion. Now that SWTOR has come out, I’ll probably leave those unfinished for a while though. I’ve managed to learn a bit of python, as well as learned to use git to publish some of the stuff I’ve learned to the web. I didn’t get around to learning stick or take more grad school classes. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I wasn’t able to save up as much money as I would have liked this past year to pay off debt. I did manage to read a lot more books though and I think I’ve become a bit less political. All in all, not a bad run of resolutions.
For this next year, I’ll keep the resolutions simple.
- Start working out more and possibly start a martial arts class.
- Pay off debt.
- Start working on a video game project.
- Learn, learn, learn. Always try to continue the learning process.